1st/2nd Line Technical Support Specialist – £23,000-£25,000 per year
We’re excited to be expanding our team in 2021 – we are a wide ranging, multi-skilled outfit, and we operate across numerous technology disciplines including but not limited to networking, infrastructure, support, development, and security systems. Our client base is varied across the public, private and charitable sectors. No two days at Verstech are ever the same – as we’re a smaller company, you’ll get the chance to get involved in everything we do.
We are seeking a Technical Support Specialist to provide IT Support assistance to our customers, along with design and development work. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs. Technical Support Specialist responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems, design of solutions, both remotely and onsite. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you are naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you. We are keen to hear from people who have worked both in internal IT and in Managed Service Provision.
Ultimately, you will be a person that our customer’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems. We are always ready to listen to new ideas and approaches in how we operate and deliver. And there will be plenty of opportunities for individual growth too; whilst supporting clients, you will also have the chance to design your own solutions and, if you want to, you can become an internal champion of new technologies too. We will require a satisfactory competition of an Enhanced DBS Check, if you are successful.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to the internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain positive relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and ticketing software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle (travel expenses paid at competitive rates)
- Experience with Paxton Access Control or HIKVISION CCTV
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Experience with WordPress/LAMP Stack Development
Kickstart Placement: Trainee Technology Engineer
Verstech is a Managed Service Provider with a difference; from web to access control, from desktops to network infrastructure, from to Voice Over IP to CCTV. Our team install and support end-to-end delivery of technology services across multiple technical spaces.
Are you looking to start your IT Career? We’re looking to recruit a Trainee Technology Engineer as a Kickstart Scheme Placement to work with a range of different technologies – from Windows Server to Paxton Access Control – and help you take the next step in your IT career. Based on site near Hythe in Southampton, we mainly operate in Dorset and Hampshire, but have clients located around the UK.
We don’t require any previous experience, but a general aptitude and interest towards technology (in whatever form) is fairly necessary! We’ll provide a full training package and help you gain a broad understanding of working with currently used technologies and professional standards.
There is an opportunity to complete some work from home, and we’ll provide all the equipment you need. This post is funded under the UK Government’s Kickstart Scheme – so it’s restricted to those currently on Universal Credit aged 16-24, it’s paid at the relevant National Minimum Wage and is a six month placement for 25 hours per week.
For more information, or just fancy a chat with one of the team – please get in touch with us, or fire your CV to [email protected]
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and and we welcome applications from individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.